Sunday, May 10, 2009

tooling around



Today I was able to take the 250cc Xelvis out in the surrounding country. This little machine really opens up the area for me. It is strange how venturing outside of my local home has really helped me appreciate it more, and even though I had ridden this route on the bus, riding it on the motorbike was so much different. I went to a little town where I had seen a golden statue towering over small houses. The statue faces away from the hwy., and I really wanted to check it out. I'm glad I did. There were so many cool things to see in this little piece of Makino. Yeah, even though this was about 10km from the middle school, it was still part of Makino. I even saw one of my former students who lives right next to this temple. Then on my way home I saw some current students riding their bikes in this pack, hoofing it up the hwy. This area is really spread out, and it is cool to realize where all my students live and how far they travel for school each day. Here are some pics:





I love this statue. Four arms for relaxing.




awesome



The giant statue I saw from the hwy

Overview of Makino

often-photographed road leading to the highlands

1 comment:

Marisa said...

I thought you were not allowed to drive a motorized vehicle... do you have more privileges as a "second year?" Your new home land is beautiful Ry!