Friday, February 6, 2009

February

February begins and the days are getting longer. People are saying the snow is worst in this month, but I am still hoping for a mild winter leading into March and Spring Break. I have been here six months, but it surely doesn't feel like it. We were asked to decide if we wanted to be a part of the JET Program for 09-10 and I decided to stay in Japan for another 18 months. If the first quarter is any indication, my time in a foreign country will only get better. I am just now adjusted to my schedule and lifestyle, and the financial benefits are very apparent, with Oregon trying to balance the budget and deciding if schools will even remain open until the scheduled summer break. It feels like the right decision, like I am truly buying into being an earnest expatriate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go fellow expatriate!

Garrett Palm said...

I thought all expatriates had eye patches and drank whiskey all day in seedy bars.

Justin said...

18 more months of onsen soaking -- will you come home during the summer, or is it straight through? Being in California counts at least as ex-sanity.

Ryan Hofer said...

I think I may just push it through because I hope to do Thailand Dream Vacation Next Christmas Break.